The more you wait,the more you fade


Bukowski said that we should write things when we feel them
If it’s a struggle it’s probably not worth it
So here I stand , expecting things to feel them
When all I feel it’s time , his every bit.
I sit and watch it as it goes
Imagining what’s after that and after that and after all
You said to me one day that I don’t love you
And in defense I called this “time” a curse.
It’s not that I don’t feel at times what happens
And that I lie when speaking about it
It’s just that in my mind a thousand versions
Before it happens, are already built.
You took me by surprise, a lot you did
And when I said “It wasn’t you” I really meant it
It’s my own mind that’s playing tricks
And only when I drink it stops a little bit.
It’s sick to fix what’s broken by breaking it harder
And patience, yes, that’s what we need as it shall pass
But patience was never one of my strong points,
Though, funny thing, I’m used to this waiting game a lot.
But then again, killing time with time it’s just not right
Oh,right..but what it’s actually right...right now?
Nothing, you see. And I’m writing this only to keep my mind busy
Distracted from something that doesn’t even have an existence
It’s no longer you, or him or me
Causing harm, it’s nothing, no thing with an influence on another
Cause you can’t say that I can see this moment differently
That I can tell this to my brain “Just stop and seize the day”
It’s how it works and it takes puzzling plans to keep him off the track
You have to be good and to be bad, to set my mind on other problem than that
And maybe that’s what you never got exactly right.
I don’t need only happiness in my life because it gets me sad
Because I know it goes away as fast as it came , so that’s why I make it bad
To make you shout and make you shiver and say “Fuck off, I’m out!”
And then to get you back.

You may laugh if you understand this now and think
“Damn, was she really so fucked up?’
But I guess that wouldn’t be exactly “understanding”,
And understanding this is not something that I wish for
As time should pass normally for people, they should cherish it
The time, the time, the time.
Meanwhile I’ll just stay here analysing how this error came
To make it go away. But that’s also useless cause I know it very well
It came because of waiting for someone who never stayed
But also never quite completely stayed away.
It was a torment, exactly how I wanted it
So good and bad, and bad and fine again,
At times I hated all that happened but now’s okay
Cause that’s what made me who I am today.

But you, if you read this don’t wait
Go and take someone’s hand, play with their hair
Tell them they’ll be fine even if you’ll leave that night
But save yourself, cause no one else can to that.
I? I can’t, cause well, I always have to picture in my mind
How it will be after that, and it haunts me so I wait

For what? For when I actually find a place where I’m alright.

Comentarii

Postări populare de pe acest blog

Gen:gratar.

the poet and the muse

Tu cere, eu nu mai vreau nimic